Fahrenheit 451 Group Project

Fahrenheit 451 is a great dystopian novel that I enjoyed reading very much. This novel made me appreciate and feel fortunate to be able to read the great literature that surrounds us. The mere thought of having my books taken away and not being able to experience literature is devastating. I choose to do the project on this novel and its movie because they depict a different view where people are denied the right to read books and can’t have a voice of their own. By being denied the right to read literature people can’t think independently and rebel against the norms of their society. I wanted to share with my classmates the value of this novel, the contrast with its movie and the message they both contain.

While working with my group members we all shared our ideas and discussed major key points that we wanted to address in our presentation. We got together on a Sunday morning and made sure everyone’s input was taken into consideration. We came up with the splendid idea of doing some video recording since we have very talented media majors in our team. Their knowledge helped our project together. I found an interesting video clip on you tube about an actual banning on the novel Fahrenheit 451 in a campus in Texas. I showed my team members and we all agreed that we would share it with our classmates.

I have to admit that although it was plenty of hard work, but we all had fun especially while recording. We divided the sections and each picked a section in which we felt comfortable discussing. My section in particular was introducing the parlor scene. I choose to introduce this scene because I feel it is important to depict how technology has taken over the way we communicate with others. Technology influences our daily lives and it is important to discuss the good and bad it has brought forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment